hayes | cumming architects is an eight year old St Petersburg architectural firm that practices throughout the state of Florida. Our focus is on projects for:
l e a r n i n g | c e l e b r a t i o n | l e i s u r e | l i v i n g | p a r t i c i p a t i o n
We meet our client’s needs by listening, asking relevant questions and offer- ing our experience as a framework for their wants. We strive to provide solutions that solve our client’s problems and create value for them. Our work is not an end product but a foil for human activity and interplay. People create the culture; we create space, order, and form.
Over the years our clients have come to us when they are dealing with problems like:
• improving the appearance of their facility to be an accurate reflection of their mission, vision and values
• a lack of ability to visualize solutions to their physical plant requirements within a given budget
• an existing building that no longer meets their long term needs
• a changing business model or economic needs that make their exisitng facility no longer operationally effective
• reducing operational maintenance costs and energy use
• coordinating the operational needs and wants of multiple decision makers If you, or your company, are dealing with any of these issues perhaps we may help.
our firm is a veteran owned business and recognized by the Florida Dept. of Management Services as a Native American Minority Business Enterprise that offers:
• master planning/programming
• interior design
• liturgical element design
• furniture design
• urban design
Every project produced by our studio, regardless of size or scope, receives the combined intellectual focus of our entire staff. Both of the firm’s principals are actively engaged in the design phase of each project. This ensures that not only are each project’s needs analyzed and resolved, but it’s aspirations are considered as well. The vehicle for this engagement is a charette that occurs in the early conceptual stage of each project. This allows the team to clarify immediate design challenges and analyze them from different perspectives. Every team member is able to contribute to each project in some tangible way, bringing a greater understanding of the project to the entire staff. Each project receives the continuous attention of one of the firm’s principals from design through construction. We have learned over the years that this continuity produces a better built result as well as a better experience for our client. Communication and trust are established early in the process and carry through amidst the chaos of construction.